ARE YOU AN: INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC (MILLWRIGHT)
With 4-5 Years of Trades Experience in Canada or Abroad?
Fully funded training for RED SEAL certification is delivered to unemployed immigrants, youth and other individuals, case-managed by WorkBC. Upto $300 per week living support along with other benefits such as daycare, transportation, books & supplies etc are provided to the participants.
This training is 15 weeks long which includes:
- 1 week of Red Seal Occupational Standard (RSOS), Language and essential skills,
- 8 weeks of RED SEAL upgrading training (automotive, millwright or welder)
- 1 week review/write Inter-Provincial Red Seal Exam,
- 4 weeks of work experience with employers, and
- 1 week of job search and placement support follow-up.
- Established a claim for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 60 months
- Have earned more than $2,000 in EI earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in 5 of the last 10 years
(Note: the 5 years do not have to be consecutive years)
- Are a British Columbia Employment and Assistance Client with a
Persons With Disabilities (BCEA PWD) designation
Referred by a WorkBC Centre with an Action Plan
To learn more about the RED SEAL program or to apply, please contact:
- ATTI –
604-304-4009 (Jagpreet Kaur)
- PICS –
604-324-7733 (Mahmoud Hamouda)
* This program is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia