Construction Trades Training (PBLMT) delivered by ATTI in
collaboration with PICS (Fully funded by Ministry)
Up to 36 eligible people in metro Vancouver will receive construction trades training for Red Seal certification in following construction trades :
Carpenters (Intake starts July 27)
Plumbers (Intake starts Nov 02)
ACE Trades and Technical Institute, in partnership with Progressive Intercultural Community Services Society (PICS) in Surrey, will provide three training sessions, each lasting 15 weeks.There are spaces for up to 16 participants in each of the three intakes.This program includes training for eligible unemployed immigrants/citizens interested in electrical /carpentry / plumbing trades across Metro Vancouver.Participants will each receive 10 weeks of classroom instruction, four weeks of on-the-job work experience with construction-sector employers, and one week of follow-up support and mentoring to help them find jobs in the construction industry.Fully funded training for RED SEAL certification is delivered to unemployed immigrants, youth and other individuals, case-managed by WorkBC. Upto $300 per week living support along with other benefits such as daycare, transportation, books & supplies etc are provided to the participant.
- Applicants must have prior trades experience of 4-5 years minimum. This experience does not have to be obtained in Canada. Experience in other countries is considered. Graduates will be qualified to write the Red Seal exam, a recognized, interprovincial standard of skill and competency
- Referred by a WorkBC Centre with an Action Plan And
- Have either
- Established a claim for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits OR
- Had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 60 months OR
- Have earned more than $2,000 in EI earnings and paid employee OR
- EI premiums on those earnings in 5 of the last 10 yearsWatch this video of ATTI’s program advisor and PICS advisor explaining who should attend this training and eligibility requirements .
Watch these 2 video of ATTI’s Program Advisor and PICS Advisor explaining who should attend this training and eligibility requirements .
For more information , please click on link here https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020SDPR0009-000449