Steamfitter / Pipefitter lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain, repair and service equipment and piping systems carrying water, steam, fluids, gases, chemicals and fuel in various systems such as heating, cooling, lubricating and process piping systems. They read and interpret drawings, specifications and codes to determine layout, type and size of pipe and tools to use. They measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, solder, braze, assemble and install metal, plastic and fiberglass pipes, valves and fittings. As well, they must be able to join and secure pipe sections of related equipment. They check systems for leaks. Steamfitters/Pipefitters also do general maintenance work including replacement of worn components.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter IP Red Seal Refresher Course
This Refresher Course help to prepare Steamfitter / Pipefitter to write the Interprovincial (IP)/ Certificate of Qualification (TQ) examination. Information pertaining to the eligibility requirements for writing the IP/TQ exam must be obtained from the Local Apprenticeship Board.
April 24-June 5,2021 (6 Saturdays)
9:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Language of instruction - English
- At the end of the course, students will be given course completion certificate. This certificate is a valid proof of upgrade which can be submitted to local apprenticeship board before a candidate can re- write.
- This course is also available via Skype. Candidate can attend a live class from comfort of his home.
- Click Here for a list of other upcoming courses in various trades
- For more information on ATTI's cancellation policy, please click here
- BC Government grant available here
- AB Government grant available here