Painter is a nationally designated trade under the Inter-provincial Red Seal program. Trades person in this trade needs to know the techniques for handling their specialized products, and they must practice safety procedures in applying these products. People practicing this trade should be aware of improvements in product quality, equipment upgrades, and trends in color and wall coverings. Painter apply paint, wallpaper, fabric and other finishes to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and other structures. They also repair cracks and holes in walls and prepare work surfaces by scraping, sanding, sandblasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning. Painters work on everything from home interiors, residential painting and wall covering work to industrial tanks and conveyors, corrosion control, wood staining, and surface preparation. They may work as part of a team or be independent contractors. Painter must be able to determine the quantities and cost of materials needed.
Painter IP Red Seal Refresher Course
This Refresher Course help to prepare Painter to write the Inter-provincial (IP)/ Certificate of Qualification (TQ) examination. Information pertaining to the eligibility requirements for writing the IP/TQ exam must be obtained from the Local Apprenticeship Board.
|40 Hours|| Course material available || 9am-4:30pm.|
- Language of instruction - English
- At the end of the course, students will be given course completion certificate. This certificate is a valid proof of upgrade which can be submitted to local apprenticeship board before a candidate can re- write.
- This course is also available via Skype. Candidate can attend a live class from comfort of his home.
- Click Here for a list of other upcoming courses in various trades
- For more information on ATTI's cancellation policy, please click here
- BC Government grant available here
- AB Government grant available here