A Class SA (Security Alarm) FSR certificate of qualification entitles the holder to act as a Field Safety Representative (FSR), and:
- design, install, repair, maintain, replace, test, service the operation of all intruder and security alarm systems in accordance with the provisions of the Ministry of Justice Security Industry & Licensing, formerly Public Safety and Solicitor General, Policing & Community Safety Branch, Security Programs and Police Technology Division and the Security Services Act.
- submit declarations for the work performed under this scope and perform regulated electrical work on electrical equipment for the following:
- all wiring and equipment installed is restricted to circuits that have the power supply limited in accordance with the requirements for Class 2 circuits, maximum 100 volt amperes.
- a dedicated branch circuit from an existing panelboard or extension of an existing branch circuit wiring, rated at 15 ampere, 120 volt, to an outlet installed specifically for a Class 2 power supply shall be acceptable
FSR SA (Security Alarm)
To become an FSR certified you are required to show evidence of having successfully completed a course in the application of electrical codes and standards required by the provincial safety manager and to pass a Technical Safety BC exam. This course qualifies as ‘recognized’ by the Technical Safety BC. This course is also excellent for those electricians, technologists or engineers that merely want to refresh their knowledge and update their skills to the latest edition of the code.
November 16-17,2020 (Monday-Tuesday)
9am-4:30pm (Local BC Time).
- Language of instruction - English
- At the end of the course, students will be given course completion certificate. This certificate is a valid proof of upgrade which can be submitted to local apprenticeship board before a candidate can re- write.
- This course is also available via Skype. Candidate can attend a live class from comfort of his home.
- Click Here for a list of other upcoming courses in various trades
- For more information on ATTI's cancellation policy, please click here
- BC Government grant available here